Proposal to list the fisher under ESA
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) October 6th announced it is seeking information from the scientific community, the public and interested stakeholders on its proposal to protect the West Coast population of fisher as a threatened species under the Endangered Species Act (ESA). Release here.
The Service will also host a series of informational meetings and one public hearing. The public hearing is scheduled for Nov. 17, 2014, at the Red Lion Inn, 1830 Hilltop Dr., Redding, Calif. from 6 to 8 p.m.
Informal informational meetings will be held at the following venues for complete details):
- November 13, 2014 -- Best Western Miner's Inn, 122 E. Miner Street, Yreka, California, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- November 17, 2014 -- Rogue Regency Inn, 2300 Biddle Road, Medford, Oregon, from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- November 20, 2014 -- Arcata Public Library, 500 7th Street, Arcata, California, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- November 20, 2014 -- Lacey Community Center, 6729 Pacific Ave SE, Olympia, WA 98503 Lacey, Washington, from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- November 20, 2014 -- Lacey Community Center, Lacey, Washington, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- December 3, 2014 -- Visalia Convention Center, 303 E., Acequia, Visalia, California, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- December 4, 2014 -- CSUS Stanislaus, Faculty Development Center, Room 118, 1 University Circle, Turlock, California, from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Additional information regarding the proposed listing is available at: http://www.fws.gov/cno/es/fisher.