The UC Science Team is extending the timeline for completing the SNAMP final report and holding the final SNAMP meetings.
Last year, we developed an ambitious timeline with a December 31, 2014 deadline for all SNAMP products. However, analysis and modelling have not proceeded as smoothly as we had hoped, especially for the integrated assessment, which requires developing vegetation maps and fire modelling products that simultaneously meet the needs of all the resource teams.
To ensure that we are able to produce the best possible final products, we have changed the deadline to May 31, 2015. The final SNAMP meeting will be scheduled for mid-April 2015.
The draft final report will be released in mid-February 2015, allowing a month and a half for review.
The November 6, 2014 SNAMP Annual meeting will be presented as a webinar and will provide an update of the UC Science Team’s progress. An annual report describing the progress of each team this year will be completed and posted by December 31, 2014.
Below is our revised timeline.
Thank you for your continued support and interest.
Revised SNAMP timeline
- November 6, 2014: SNAMP webinar in lieu of Annual meeting.
- December 15, 2014: Draft team integration products due.
- Early January, 2015: UC Science Team meeting to review, revise, and complete draft integration chapters.
- February 1, 2015: Draft resource-specific team chapters due.
- February 15, 2015: Submit full draft final report for simultaneous peer-review, MOUP review, and public review.
- April 1, 2015: Peer-reviews returned to UC Science Team. Deadline for MOUP and public comments.
- Mid April 2015: Final SNAMP public meeting.
- May 1, 2015: Revised team chapters due for final assembly.
- May 31, 2015: Submit SNAMP final report to MOU Partners and stakeholders.